18 October 2011

Wedding Music

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding day. No, everything wasn't perfect...there was a little drama, some hurt feelings and not everything went to plan, but at the end of the day my guy was standing at the other end of the aisle waiting for me, and thats all that mattered. 

A big part of the day was having the right music - I'm really into music and associate every event thats ever happened with a song, so picking the music was a big deal!

Craig, Steve (who performed the ceremony for us) and the rest of the wedding party walked in to New Slang by The Shins 
this song is 'the wedding' for me...

My sweet daddy and I walked in to First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes
I still get a little teary eyed when I hear this, lol

and as we kissed and walked out we played Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
yeah, its been done before but it just fit the theme so perfectly and made me feel all happy//celebratory!

and of course, our song is Such Great Heights by The Postal Service
we danced to our song played live by our friend//groomsman, Barn, who did an AMAZING job. I wish we had it recorded! 


Here are some other random songs that we played during the reception...











There was, of course, a lot more..but those are just off the top of my head :)

enjoy the tunes lovers.
xox


1 comment:

  1. you are a girl after my own heart! i would pick ALL of those songs in ALL of those situations. wowza! i love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...