26 February 2013

Yum: Spicy Kale Chips


I never liked kale before, but I've been seeing all the buzz about making chips floating around the internet. A few weeks ago a friend of mine whipped up a batch while I was at her house....they lasted maybe a minute fresh out of the oven before we devoured them. They melt right in your mouth, which is a strange thing to say about a vegetable.
I decided to put my own spin on these and make them spicy! And man...they really had a kick! I have made these several times now and have found that whether you keep it simple with just a little bit of salt, add in a mixture of spices or sprinkle on some Parmesan cheese these are going to turn out great!

You'll need to heat up your oven to 350 degrees, drizzle your kale with some olive oil (I massage it into the leaves to make sure that all of the crevasses are covered), lay out on a baking sheet and sprinkle with spices. These will bake for 8-10 minutes, flipping at 5 mintues.
I'm looking forward to trying out some Italian spices and Parmesan cheese too! Next up: brussel sprouts!

8 comments:

  1. I have honestly never ever tried kale. My aunt uses kale as a filler for catering purposes. I didn't even know until people started eating it, that you even could. I have seen kale chips all over the web, but yours look way dang good. I just might have to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a really picky eater but I actually think this looks pretty great! I'm going to pin it :D xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing! I love kale salads, so I definitely have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried Kale chips before but I really think I should! They always sound fabulous when people talk about them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Maybe I'll try.... I made kale recently and it didn't work out so great... so maybe I just need to try a different way of preparing it!

    Just found your blog today. It's so inspirational! Great work. :) I read your post about taking a blog hiatus (a while back) and that's kind of where I feel I'm at. A bit at a crossroads about what to write about and all. Especially with a new job that's keeping me very busy! What do you do? How do you find time for work and blogging?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds great I like to have new ways to eat healthy greens. You should try your brussel sprouts really thinly sliced and fried with chillies xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! This looks so delicious! I didn't realize how easy it was to make these. I always think about buying them at whole foods, but now I can just make them! Thanks for posting this :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh lord, you really made me hungry! Great photos too!

    Ali of

    www.dressingken.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...