18 April 2013

Copper Bottle DIY + A Spring Table!

I'm excited to share a quick DIY that really helped me brighten up my dining room table and get it ready for Spring! I bought these cute little milk glass jars at Ikea a few weeks ago at about $1.50 each. Hello great deal! At the time I had no plan for them, but once I saw them I knew that I couldnt leave with out a few.
Here's what you'll need:
Glass Jars - you can find these here
Painters Tape
Spray Paint
Plastic or Paper Bag

Step 1: Take a plastic bag - you can use paper bags or newspaper too - and wrap the top of your bottle to the point that you do not want the paint to cover. Secure the plastic down with painters tape, this will give you a nice crisp line. I made sure that I had enough plastic to push down into the bottle so that the rim didnt get any paint on it.
Step 2: Spray paint your bottles! I used copper spray paint and I really love the shimmer that it gives off. I only used 2 coats for these, but really I could have done one more.

Step 3: Once the paint has completely dried you can remove your tape and show off your new bottles!
I think they look great with some of my vintage canisters from my wedding. Spring is the best time to add in brightly colored trinkets all around the house!

I would also like to take this opportunity to admit that I am a lover of faux flowers. I know that I may lose some of you on this one, but I cant help it. I especially loved these green leafy branches that I found the other day at a local craft shop - they're so vibrant! Am I alone in this? I'm a firm believer in putting things in your home that you love...not because they're hip or because other people will like them, but because when you walk into your home you feel at ease and inspired to be your best. I am not so good at keeping real plants alive (although I am working really hard to keep one little guy going strong!), but I really enjoy having bright little bulbs around.
I try to update my table each season, but I didnt really change it up too much this winter. You can see my fall decor here.

25 comments:

  1. Now this is something I think I can handle doing myself! Love these!

    xo,
    Jamie

    http://inspirationlush.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a truly lovely idea! Thanks so much for sharing! We think we will definitely be trying something like this out soon. Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! What a fun diy. I love the copper color... though it would look cool with other colors, too! Also love the vintage cans you put as an extra touch... very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! And I love your tin can vases! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made a copy
    http://instagram.com/p/Zvvur7RYHG/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these! What color and brand of copper spray paint did you use? I'm always looking for a gorgeous copper color like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi just wondering what brand of copper paint did you use?? Thanks :) -audrey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful and so very creative! I too am a lover of artificial plants and flowers. So much can be done and they are so cheery when the real ones are not available. Thanks! :-) Kat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello,

    What brand of spray paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would also love the details on the spray paint used...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It doesn't look like you answer questions but also looking for the type of spray paint and color used!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I Love this DIY! What color and brand of copper spray paint did you use? I'm always looking for a gorgeous copper color like this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good ennai chekku in chennai has a strong smell when it is opened. The color should be bright brown or gold.cold pressed oil machinerefers to oils obtained through pressing fruit or seeds with a modern steel press, such as those used at Proteco's operation in Kingaroy, Queensland.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is a vegetable oil that is naturally trans fat-free, cholesterol free, and low in saturated fats.cold pressed groundnut oil online is high in unsaturated fats, especially monounsaturatedfat, like the one found in olive oil.Brown sugar and jaggery powder both are derived or prepared from same source which is sugarcane. At the first stage of cooking, sugarcane juice is boiled producing Jaggery.

    ReplyDelete
  15. .chekku ennai onlineis free from cholesterol and contains lots of essential fatty acids like omega-6. So it is one of best oil suited for cooking.
    "chekku gingelly oil priceImproves our body's ability to absorb magnesium & calcium which helps in strengthening bone.Helps in faster healing of wounds and burns.
    "
    Using chekku oil bangalore. can be strange to some people, but ancient times have shown that oils are highly beneficial for humans.
    Cold Pressed Oil is originally manufactured in traditional way by extracting marachekku oil bangalore. then seeds using wood crusher

    ReplyDelete
  16. So, while it may be slightly "healthier" to replace refined sugar with a sweetener that has more vitamins and minerals, it's not really advisable to add palm jaggery to your diet. Bottom Line:
    “When oil is refined, it loses a lot of nutrients but cold pressing it in a marachekku oil ensures that you retain all of it,” says the 35-year-old who works in a software firm.
    cold pressed coconut oil is finally being recognized as a truly “functional food” with dynamic nutritional and medicinal implications- what traditional cultures have always known.
    Naturally extracted juice of cane heated at high temperatures and solidfies to form and crushed into powder form or made into round form asjaggery powder.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kadalai mittai is a healthy and a high Protein delicacy prepared using natural ingredients like peanuts,jaggery and cardamom powder. A zero sugar and zero oil sweet recipe that one could enjoy without any guilt. Peanuts provide rich energy for growing children.

    ReplyDelete
  18. As much as copperware clayware is also good for health. I found a place where you can Earthernware pots online

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love to read it,Waiting For More new Update and I Already Read your Recent Post its Great Thanks. https://www.scrapmetalsydney.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Are you looking for a genuine shop to buy Chekku Ennai In Chennai? Manufacturer of oils from the mixture of premium quality raw materials by the traditional technique called marachekku oil. Free home delivery available.
    Chekku oil in Chennai
    Cold pressed coconut oil Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey ashflynn,

    Great article, I have got useful information about "Copper Bottle DIY" after reading this.

    I would like to add one more thing to this, that is wood pressed groundnut oil, as it helps to "Copper Bottle DIY" as well..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sildenafil Super Active is used to treat male sexual function problems (impotence or erectile dysfunction) by blocking a certain enzyme (phosphoiesterase-PDES) in the body.
    Sildenafil 100mg Tablets

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, this DIY guide on creating the best copper water container is truly amazing! Thank you for sharing this fantastic DIY guide, and I can't wait to see more of your creative ideas and projects!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...