17 January 2013

Yum: Vanilla Cinnamon Walnuts

This snack might be the best thing I've ever made and maybe even the easiest. I found the recipe on Pinterest (I mean really, how did we ever cook/decorate/get dressed with out this site?!) I made a big batch as a thank you gift for a friend who watched my Kennedy-Buttons while Craig and I had a night in the city. I might have kept a small bowl for myself too :)

I always felt a little intimidated by recipes that had anything to do with ''candy'' for fear that I might have to stir with just the right amount of speed or break out the ol' candy thermometer. But this recipe only took about 20 minutes and made a huge batch!

Here's what you'll need:
4 cups of Walnuts
1 1/2 cup Sugar
2/3 cup Water
4 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Cinnamon

First, you're going to want to spread out all of the nuts onto a baking sheet and toast for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees.

Then, combine all of the nuts, sugar, water, vanilla and cinnamon into a pot and allow to boil. Once the mixture has started to heat up you'll want to start stirring. Keep stirring until all of the liquid has been absorbed - this process will only take about 5 minutes or so.

Lastly, lay out the mixture onto the baking sheet to cool. If you don't do this they will clump!

Eat the whole batch immediately!

7 comments:

  1. These look so yummy! My mouth is watering. xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious! They'd be great in a spinach salad. Now I'm hungry ;)
    --Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found this blog- LOVE IT! :)

    also, those look totally delish ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I have never actually had a walnut. I'll have to try this sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog and loving it. Maybe we can follow each other on GFC or bloglovin? Please feel free to stop by my blog and let me know. XO

    http://mevamarie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...