17 January 2013

Yum: Vanilla Cinnamon Walnuts

This snack might be the best thing I've ever made and maybe even the easiest. I found the recipe on Pinterest (I mean really, how did we ever cook/decorate/get dressed with out this site?!) I made a big batch as a thank you gift for a friend who watched my Kennedy-Buttons while Craig and I had a night in the city. I might have kept a small bowl for myself too :)

I always felt a little intimidated by recipes that had anything to do with ''candy'' for fear that I might have to stir with just the right amount of speed or break out the ol' candy thermometer. But this recipe only took about 20 minutes and made a huge batch!

Here's what you'll need:
4 cups of Walnuts
1 1/2 cup Sugar
2/3 cup Water
4 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Cinnamon

First, you're going to want to spread out all of the nuts onto a baking sheet and toast for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees.

Then, combine all of the nuts, sugar, water, vanilla and cinnamon into a pot and allow to boil. Once the mixture has started to heat up you'll want to start stirring. Keep stirring until all of the liquid has been absorbed - this process will only take about 5 minutes or so.

Lastly, lay out the mixture onto the baking sheet to cool. If you don't do this they will clump!

Eat the whole batch immediately!

6 comments:

  1. These look so yummy! My mouth is watering. xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious! They'd be great in a spinach salad. Now I'm hungry ;)
    --Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found this blog- LOVE IT! :)

    also, those look totally delish ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I have never actually had a walnut. I'll have to try this sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...