24 November 2012


We start out every year by thinking "this is going to be the best one yet!"

This one was not.

It's been really tough. Probably one of the toughest ones that we've had. We have dealt with our fair share of personal and health issues, losing friends and finding out which ones to let go. It has been hard but I can honestly say that I feel like we have come out of all of these things so much stronger. Not in the stereotypical ''what doesn't kill you makes you stronger'' kind of way...but I feel like there was a very specific reason that God put so much on us this year. He's prepping us.

"Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you can become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way." James 1:2-4

This year I'm thankful for the trials that we've been put through. Thankful that I can feel a stirring in my spirit that something big is coming. I'm thankful that I have the most perfect handpicked partner to walk by my side and to guide me along his journey as well. I am thankful that we have the best family around who rallies around us when we're in trouble and who knows when we need help.  I am thankful to the friends who have proven themselves to be true and who speak such wisdom into our lives.

I am excited for the future and where we're headed together...much stronger than before.

5 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful post Ashleigh. I wish you all the best in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...I could've written this post. Seriously. I felt the same way about 2012 and have been treated the same way as well...from health to friendships...I'm right there with you!
    Thank you for writing this and letting me know it's not just me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so happy to have read this - i was in exactly the same boat but you're right, there is so much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...