26 December 2010

A Handmade Christmas

This year Craig and I switched things up a little bit. We were on a little bit of a tighter budget, so we bought 3 gifts (all at different price points) and we handmade one gift for each other. I pretty much immediately freaked out. What in the world could I possibly hand make Craig??! We'll I came across the idea of a giant board game....one we like to call RISK :) 

I had absolutely no idea what I was taking on before I started this. It sounded quite simple. 
Man was I wrong. whew!

i had to draw out all of the territories first
which, by the way, i free handed 

then start painting
actually this picture is after quite a few hours of painting
haha



several weeks later.......

finally time to play!!
I spray painted little army men different colors for playing pieces 

i was the first one out! boo!!

Craig made me a jewelry holder that I've been desperately wanting (and needing!!) ever since I saw it in a magazine. I couldn't have ever put it together quite as nicely as my sweet hubby :)
 He painted it blue to match our duvet and hand distressed it. I was very impressed.
They found all types of different hardware to fix onto this old cabinet door. 
Tell me this isnt awesome....!! 



Who knows....handmade Christmas just might become a tradition!! 


1 comment:

  1. Absolutely adorable idea...I'm seriously impressed with your man! It is absolutely lovely, we need pictures of it with all the baubles and sparklies on it. Love your cute blog and I'm your newest follower (c:

    Thanks for your sweet comment on mine, come on back, y'all! (c:

    http://loveallthingsbrightandbeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...