25 February 2013

Vows + A Sneak Peek

 I've been working on our new bookcases for about a week now and am loving how they're turning out! One project that I have been specifically excited about is finally printing out our vows and framing them. In case you're a new reader I'll give you a quick recap: Craig and I have been married for over 6 years now. When we got married we eloped and ran off to the court house - it was sweet and so romantic, but I always knew that I wanted to have a real wedding. It was really so important to me. We made plans to renew our vows and have the wedding that we always dreamed of on our 5 year anniversary - and we did! You can see some of the pictures here.

Anyways! I've been wanting to print out our vows and frame them for over a year now, but nothing seemed right. I wanted to do a custom framing, but never made the time and didn't want to spend the money. So finally I decided to buy some frames and wrap the mat in fabric. Bonus: the frames were only $10/each and I only needed 1/4 yard of fabric in each print! So affordable.

I couldn't be happier with the turn out! You can find a quick tutorial that I did last year here if you've never done this before.

I'll be back later in the week to show off the rest of the book cases :)

Flowers pictured are from my bouquet. Words in vows are purposefully out of focus ;)

8 comments:

  1. I love this bookshelf idea! And how you framed your vows is perfect. I love that idea. So sweet. xx. McKenna Lou

    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the sweetest idea to frame your vows! I love it! Happy Anniversary btw!

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look amazing! Good for you! Fantastic photos as always! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful idea! Framing your vows is such a sweet idea. I love both your shelves. The colors are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these little bookcases and so cute that you posted about both of your styles! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at BT

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love the red books and the tea tin of flowers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a shame you don't haνe a dοnate button! Ӏ'd certainly donate to this superb blog! I guess for now i'll settle foг bοok-marκing аnd аdding your RSS feed to my Google acсοunt.
    I loοk foгωarԁ to new updatеѕ and ωill talk about this blog with mу Fаcеbooκ group.
    Tаlk soon!

    Here iѕ my site - tens units
    Also see my site: tens machine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...