17 January 2012

3 ways to a brighter kitchen

1. Paint your cabinets!
This is so much easier than it looks - and there are a ton of great youtube videos out there to show you how its done. This was one of the first things that we did when we moved into our house a few years ago and it was the best decision I think we've made in the whole house. Unfortunately we did not choose paint that is quite this exciting but I am dreaming up some projects. shhh...don't tell Craig...

2. Add some accessories!
Oh how I love accessories. Bright ones, white ones, pictures, plants, vases, bowls...you name it, I've got one within 5 feet. My favorite thing about adding fun accessories is that they are interchangeable - and usually paintable! Treat yourself to an Ikea trip...buy something cheap and cheer yourself up.

3. Tile it up!
Okay, this one is a bit of a remodel - but tell me that you wouldn't be a happy camper eating your cheerios in that kitchen?! 
I rest my point. 

I am quite a sucker for decorating and painting things white. 
Craig and I are thinking about putting the house up on the market soon-ish and I find myself day dreaming of our new house all the time. I dont know where you are, but I'm excited to fix you up!

all photos from pinterest

6 comments:

  1. isn't it amazing what a coat of paint can do!

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first thing I painted when we bought our first house was the cabinets too!! I painted the outside a creamy white, but the inside was a bright minty green! I still daydream about that kitchen sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember when you helped us paint our cabinets?!! I get compliments on them all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That green tile is amazing! Very vintage.

    xo
    Rachael
    THE PARADERS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. I always love sprucing up my kitchen or dorm with awesome accessories.
    -Alyssa

    www.pinchoflyss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is amazing. My kitchen is dark mahogany and white but it is so dark! I will take this into consideration next time my kitchen needs a make over, I absolutely love this!

    Mary from ♥ meowwzie.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...