20 February 2013

DIY: Watercolor Art


I did this quick 5 minute DIY on Saturday. After the color crush that I put together last week I was really craving some pink around my space. This tutorial is easy and basically just a larger version of the valentines that I made last February, so if you want the full instrustions you can check it out there!


What you'll need:
White Crayon
Print to trace (optional)
Tape
Paper
Watercolors 


Here's how easy it is....
1. Draw out your phrase or picture with the white crayon
2. Paint over with water color
3. Let dry.

Easiest DIY ever? Probably.  I'm thinking that this might be a neat project to do with a larger print. It would probably take a lot of time and patience but I think the outcome could really be worth it. For now, I'll just take my little 8x10.

10 comments:

  1. Oh this is so nice!
    Please visit richnataliee.blogspot.com and let me know what you think :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple and pretty! I love this, Ashleigh!

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this ides! You are so creative. I am definitely doing this. xx. McKenna Lou
    p.s. Hop on over to Lynn and Lou for a special giveaway!
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How simple and pretty!! I might have to steal my mother's watercolors and try this out!! =)

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, great idea! I think even I could do this!
    amanda
    http://thingstoholdandstir.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. holy cow. HOLY COW. this is incredible and mind blowing. i love how you styled yours right next to mr. deer head. thanks for this easy peasy tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely yet simple piece of art, I want to try this out now!
    xo Natasha
    http://thenightiswild.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's such a clever idea! It does look easy enough for me to want to try it.
    Thanks for the lovely tutorial.

    PS: I'm hosting a Living Nature skin essentials pack giveaway at my blog, hope you enter: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/02/living-nature-review-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah what a great idea - I love it in the silver frame. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this idea! So creative!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...